Sunday Mornings from 10.00 am to 11.00 am
The Kirk Session wishes to inform members that Ayr St Columba Church will be open for the purpose of private prayer on Sunday mornings from 10.00am to 11.00am. Due to the restrictions currently in place, the maximum number of people who can enter the Church is 35.
Despite our great wish to care for all who enter the building, the current situation means that we may not be able to give physical assistance to members in the event of illness and the normal facilities in the building will not be available. You will understand that this is in line with Government and Church of Scotland guidance and is to help ensure the health and safety of all.
The Kirk Session requests that you take note of the following information:
- There will be no Bibles or Hymn Books in the Church.
- All visitors should comply with national guidance on hygiene, health and safety. Hand sanitisers will be placed at the entry and exit doors, social distancing will be in place and the wearing of face coverings is strongly advised.
- On each visit, please bring a note containing your name, address and telephone number and hand this in as you enter the Church.
- All visitors will enter by the main Midton Road door and leave by the Midton Road door nearest to the Organ.
- Visitors will be met by a duty Elder who will lead them to a pew. That seat will have been cleaned and will not be used by any other visitor on the day.
- Members of the same household may sit together
- There will be no access to the Carrick Park Vestibule or to the Church Hall.
- If a visitor becomes ill in Church and cannot recover themselves, an ambulance will be called.
- You may remain in the Church for as long or as short a time as you wish up to 11.00am.
On behalf of the Kirk Session, I am sorry that these restrictions are in place at the moment. We believe it is important for members to have an opportunity to sit in the Church, but we must respect the advice and guidance we have been given in the current circumstances. I very much hope that it will not be too long until we can all meet freely once more at a normal Service.
Please remember that the Church continues to function through the magazine, the website and Facebook and also through personal contacts. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with your Elder, the Minister or the Church Secretary if you have any concerns or questions.